- Primary Teachers
- Post Primary Teachers
- Students & Parents
- Resellers & Retailers
Folens Publishing Company Unlimited Company (“Folens”) is a registered company at Hibernian Industrial Estate, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24. These Competition Terms and Conditions apply to the competitions that Folens run.
1. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “Entrant”, “You” and “Your” refers to the person partaking in a competition and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “the Company”, “Folens” “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Folens.
2. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions and contests run by the Company, Folens unless specifically otherwise stated.
3. In order to enter any competition, Entrants must correctly undertake the task set or answer the question correctly as the case may be in the instructions outlined in each competition. Competitions are only open to those identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter. Competitions are not open to the Company’s employees, agents, contractors or subcontractors – or their families.
4. All photos, drawings, text, editorial and any other content or information (collectively and severally called (“Competition Materials”) that you submit to Folens shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Company, and Folens shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Competition Materials.
5. Folens may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Competition Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
6. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any other conditions stated in the messaging or promotions around such competitions, or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per person, unless the contest announcement specifically states that multiple entries are allowed. Entries from unaffiliated agents and/or third parties shall not be accepted. All entrants must reside in the Republic of Ireland. All entrants must be over the age of 16, unless stated otherwise. Entrants under 16, must obtain consent or approval of their legal parent, guardian or teacher see attached provide link to consent form.
7. By submitting Materials to the Company the Entrant represent and warrant that any Competition Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Competition Materials to Folens free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
8. You acknowledge and agree that Folens shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Competition Materials that you submit.
9. You acknowledge and agree that Folens may make Competition Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Competition Materials that you submit to the Company. By submitting Competition Materials to the Company, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Competition Materials.
10. Neither Folens nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred because of any winner's use of a prize including, but in no way limited to, each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. Folens is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection to any contest promoted by Folens.
11. Folens accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
12. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as by any rules specific to that competition or contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
13. The following criteria apply:
14. Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the competition. No cash or other alternative may be requested by the winner and prizes are non-transferable.
15. Folens reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with vouchers to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him or her, or that Folens is unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, Folens may award the prize to another entrant.
16. Each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced.
17. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Folens the right to use and publish his or her name and picture in such media as Folens may choose (including but not limited to the internet and social media) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
18. By entering a Folens competition on social media the entrant is agreeing to having their name/social media profile used in the announcement of the winner on social media.
19. All entrants to Folens competitions agree to being contacted by Folens in relation to this competition.
20. Folens reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
21. Folens reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.
22. In addition to the above Terms and Conditions the following Terms and Conditions apply to any competitions run as part of the Folens Primary Publication Exhibitions and Post Primary Events:
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
These Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 5th September 2018.